Boat Turned Into A House
- Ship originally transported iron and coal for Ford motor company
- Interior designed by Henry Ford.
- Thomas Edison was a passenger
- Was decommissioned in 1981 after nearly 50 years of service
- Ship’s forecastle removed and hung over Lake Erie as a holiday home
From the time it was built in 1924, the boat was also used to transport coal and iron ore across the American lakes.
After being decommissioned in 1981 it was left to rust for four years before the front part of the ship was removed, sailed to Lake Erie, and perched on top of an 18 foot cliff to serve as a holiday home.